
We just got back from Utah on Monday. While we were there, Sophie would not sleep in the play pen of course. She would only sleep in our bed. So when we got home we decided we were going to let her "cry it out" in her crib. The last two days and nights have been absolute hell. She cries hours at a time only to fall asleep for a few minutes and then start crying again. Last night was worse than the first so I'm not sure she is responding to this method. Not to mention the fact that she throws up everything in her stomach when she gets worked up enough. Her little eyes are so red and tired from crying instead of sleeping and she is not happy at all, ever. She just looks at me with eyes that say, "Mom, I can't believe you are doing this to me. I don't love you anymore!" Does anyone have any advice for me? I have a permanent headache and my heart is broken from listening to her cry!
Here are a couple of pictures from our trip.

5 comments:
She could be teething? Try tylenol. Other than that, nope, no advice. They are just little stinkers if you change things up. Grandpa use to say that you should give babies under 1 year old anything they want. I agree. Just drop her off at her grandma's if you need a break!
Tara~~
It tooks C.J. 2 weeks. He would cry for 4-5 hours then sleep for 1 or 2 and then cry some more, but finally after about 2 weeks he would sleep for us all night or close to it. So I would just sleep on the couch and try to sleep and just let him cry and close our door so Cade could get some sleep. I was very tired those two weeks, but he learned. It was hard thats for sure.
Oh sad Tara! It really does break your heart huh? Parker and I went downstairs and watched movies all night really loud so we couldn't hear them, haha is that bad? It only took my boys a few nights though! Ya know, she might just not be ready Tara? My boys were 8 months old and they seemed ready for it. I know YOU'RE ready but maybe she's telling you she's not? I don't know, but good luck!!!
I'm a wimp, and Trevor still has his nights where he won't sleep and I just snuggle him in bed, so no advice here. Just wanted to say that I feel your pain. :) And that she is so cute!!
Hi I'm Emily's sis-in-law Kim. I just wanted to offer my sympathy. I have five kids (including one set of twins). Bedtime crying totally stinks. I am convinced it hurts mom more than the babe! Hang in there and you will be really grateful in the long run. Good Luck.
Post a Comment