Thank goodness for Becca is all I can say! We picked her up in Utah and she was a huge help. She probably drove 90% of the way because I started having these super annoying leg cramps that probably would have been pretty painful if I had to drive. Plus, it was much more fun having her with me!
Don't I look lovely in my compression socks?
We made it in 4 days, driving about 9 hours each day. We went through Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Mississippi. Some were very beautiful and some smelled like urine (Nebraska).
Both girls wanted to ride with daddy in the big truck and Sophie pretty much did the whole time, even with the A/C stopped working the second day.
Stopping for lunch...
We got our house in a military subdivision the next day. Everything was going smoothly until Phil sprained his ankle unloading the truck! Luckily, his friend Trent was here to help and Becca really stepped it up for us. The humidity was killer though, especially because we weren't used to it.

We did take some time out from unpacking to go to the beach. It was nicer than I thought it would be and we had a great time until I got stung by a jellyfish which Phil quickly caught in Sophie's bucket.
The girls both love the beach and I have a feeling we'll be spending a lot of time there. A big thank you to Becca for helping with the drive, the move and the girls. I am forever grateful!
This is a fun place to live, but we already miss our Boise friends and family. XOXO


No comments:
Post a Comment