Well, here we are waiting for Phil to come home and waiting for this baby! Phil's experience at tech school is A LOT different than boot camp. His first day there he was calling me telling me he was bored! After their classes, they have a lot of freedom. He will get even more as he enters different "phases". Right now he can't leave base and he can't talk on his phone unless he's in his room. This time will be much easier for all of us since we can actually talk to him and web cam. He's already been made his element leader and last night was busy making sure everyone he's in charge of had gotten their homework done because if they didn't, he's the one that would get in trouble for it. We miss him already, but are so grateful we get to talk to him everyday.
I've been pretty sick this first trimester, but I'm starting to see the light now that I'm 14 weeks. We find out the gender on April 27th!
Sophie and I are trying to stay busy. We went with Phil's mom to Seattle last week to bring Phil's dad home after his radiation treatment. He is really hanging in there. Now all that's left is brain radiation they will do as a precaution. Apparently when lung cancer comes back, it often comes back in the brain.
Here are a couple recent pictures:


5 comments:
So great you can talk to him more often, I bet that makes things alot easier. I can't believe you are already 14 weeks, it has gone by so quickly for me. Ha ha, I loved it when people said that to me. "oh that's great it has passed by so fast for you, it's felt like an eternity for me." Hope you get feeling better soon.
If you need some help to pass the time give me a call and we can get the kids together and play and hang out! I can't believe you are already 14 weeks! I can't wait to see what your having! I think it is a boy! :)
congrats on your pregnancy!!! Tell Phil good luck in school!
Congrats! I had no idea you were preggo. So exciting!
Hey Tara, glad you're starting to feel better. Waiting for a baby is hard, and I'm sure waiting for Phil to get back is, too! Hopefully Sophie will be up to lots of good - keeping you entertained. Are you hoping for a boy or girl? Can't wait to hear more news....
Post a Comment